We’re excited to announce that remote access is now easier to use! Introducing Easy Remote Control to take the technical hassle out of the equation.
It’s common knowledge that remote access eliminates the barrier between you and your device. In addition to improving productivity and efficiency, it’s also valuable in some other ways. For example, a lot of companies use remote access to handle customer issues, and in turn, raise customer satisfaction because they can get to the problems right away.
However, setting it up can be a challenge for some due to security policies, technical difficulty, or time and resource constraints. For those who can’t root their devices, we have an option called non-root, which enables remote access by connecting a laptop or PC to the device until the device restarts. This works for 60% of AirDroid Business users, but there’s still improvement to be made. For some customers, using a laptop to enable remote access isn’t always an option. Devices like mobile walkie talkie are always on the road. Some are vending machines placed throughout hundreds of locations.
How does it work?
The new option takes advantage of Google’s Accessibility feature in Android. With some in-house technologies and engineering creativity, we’re able to let you perform remote access without a laptop.
- Turn on the Accessibility option (the very first option).
- Go to Settings -> Accessibility
- Enable Biz Daemon under Downloaded services.
Streamlining Device Onboarding
We’ve also redesigned the entire device onboarding process with these improvements:
1. One-page setup. Every permission option is now on one page, each with a switch to turn on and off. This will make setting up a new device much easier and less time-consuming.
2. More transparency. We’ve added detailed description of how each permission works with AirDroid Business, so you have a full understanding at every step.
This might just solve your problems. Here’s why.
The non-root method gives you full remote access, but the process will need to be repeated once the device restarts, for reasons like battery drain, unexpected reboot, accidental restart etc. There are also scenarios where getting to the device is also a challenge:
- I have lots of devices across many locations, getting to them requires manpower and time.
- My devices are inside a vehicle and always on the move and my drivers don’t have the skillset to do the setup.
Ultimately, it comes down to how you want to set up your deployment. AirDroid Business now offers 3 ways to set up remote access and you can see which one is the best fit for your scenario.
 The limitations of Remote Access with Accessibility can be found during the setup process.
 It requires Biz Daemon v.22.214.171.124